British MP hopes for enhanced UK
简介Adam Afriyie, a UK member of Parliament, hopes to see UK-Korean trade and economic ties advance to t ...
Adam Afriyie, a UK member of Parliament, hopes to see UK-Korean trade and economic ties advance to the next level, the lawmaker said in an interview with The Korea Herald on Friday.
Afriyie touched on Korea's potential inclusion in the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), highlighting the prospect of increased economic cooperation between the two nations.
The CPTPP is a major free trade pact comprising 11 Asia-Pacific countries.
South Korea became a member of the CPTPP in April 2022 to expand its export opportunities, particularly in the face of increased economic uncertainty. Britain was accepted as a member this year.
"Through CPTPP, the UK and Korea can enhance skills transfer and foster a greater understanding between our people," he said.
"With around 17,000 Koreans in the UK, we have strong connections on which to build,” said Afriyie who represents Windsor from the Conservative Party.
“We share a similar outlook. Korea is a high-technology country. UK is also very creative and high-tech. So I think there is a lot to be learned from each other," Afriyie emphasized.
The ruling People Power Party, confronted with a deepening crisis following a landslide defeat in a ...
Loona's Hyunjin, Yeojin, Vivi, Go Won and Hyeju are starting off afresh as Loossemble under a n ...
The Monte-Carlo Ballet Company, led by the artistic director and choreographer Jean-Christophe Maill ...
오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
Lee Hyori returns with 1st new song in 6 years
Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- 러 무기 만져보고 타보고...김정은 '북·러 합작' 도발 메뉴 내놓나
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- Court finds ban on leafleting into NK unconstitutional, ban on praise for NK constitutional
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
- [Herald Interview] As a wanderer, Yoshitomo Nara does not confine himself to art
- Over half of Koreans want continuous strengthening of alliance with US: poll
- Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
- [Feature] The rise and fall of terrestrial TV dramas
- [Herald Interview] Song Joong
- S. Korea to crack down on illegal immigrants
- 국민의힘 “김태우 재산신고 관련 가짜뉴스, 방심위에 신고”
- Live music festival Block Party to return to Haebangchon
- 1 in 4 foreign workers earn more from unemployment benefits than from work
- 반도핑기구 “아시안게임 북 인공기 게양에 조치 취할 것”
- 사전투표 D
- SK On marks 2nd anniversary with twofold revenue, capacity growth
- Questions raised over Taihan Cable’s quality control
- Apple under fire for ‘overpriced’ iPhones
- 박성중 "다음 中응원은 드루킹 시즌2…강서구 선거 안심 못해"
- Japan's Honda beefs up lineup to revive sales in S. Korea
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Jarasum Jazz Fest to kick off Friday
- [Today’s K