[Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
简介Breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the iconic femme fatale, Carmen, Seoul Metropolitan ...
Breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the iconic femme fatale, Carmen, Seoul Metropolitan Theatre's theatrical rendition of the classic character meets audiences with the haunting specter of dating violence.
Seoul Metropolitan Theatre Artistic Director Koh Sun-woong undertook the adaptation of “Carmen” to reevaluate the character in a new light and to deliver a powerful message: Obsession is not love.
Based on Prosper Merimee's 1845 novella and Bizet's opera libretto, the original narrative unfolds in 19th-century Seville, Spain, where a young corporal named Don Jose is to marry his demure fiancee, Micaela. Then he encounters the free-spirited, untamed gypsy woman Carmen, and falls deeply in love with her. Carmen, however, becomes entangled with the bullfighter Escamillo, leading Don Jose to make tragic choices driven by jealousy.
The South Korean government is bracing for potential backlash from doctors as it seeks to unveil a p ...
Hyundai Motor Group’s decadeslong sponsorship for the Korean archery team has once again stepped int ...
The Busan International Film Festival has traditionally focused on Asian content, but this year' ...
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- [New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
- PM to meet with Xi on sidelines of Asian Games in Hangzhou
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
- Apple under fire for ‘overpriced’ iPhones
- 박성중 "다음 中응원은 드루킹 시즌2…강서구 선거 안심 못해"
- 1 in 4 foreign workers earn more from unemployment benefits than from work
- S. Korea mandates flexible pricing in supply deals to protect SMEs
- Wavve’s ‘The Deal’ to expand into 200 countries
- BTS' Jungkook to extend solo parade with 1st album 'Golden'
- ONF hopes to open new chapter upon return from military service
- Japan's Honda beefs up lineup to revive sales in S. Korea
- Seoul shares, won crash amid rising Fed woes
- Zandari Festa kicks off with local, foreign indie bands
- 與, 김행 여가장관 후보 청문회 불참 기류…"일방적이고 위법적"
- Fall festivals to take place across Seoul
- Seoraksan cools below freezing as autumn takes hold
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Samsung Biologics raises annual estimated earnings to W3.6t